Hi , can anyone say , how to configure the digital input and output in esp32 and how to read the digital input..?

Reeshma

Hi , can anyone say , how to configure the digital input and output in esp32 and how to read the digital input..?

Postby Reeshma » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 am

My objective is , when am pressed the button , the led should glow , and when am released the button , the led should turn off.
am a beginner to this platform , please anyone can help me for the above problem

ESP_krzychb

Re: Hi , can anyone say , how to configure the digital input and output in esp32 and how to read the digital input..?

Postby ESP_krzychb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Reeshma,

I suggest the following:

1. Install Arduino IDE
2. Get blink.ino example working.
3. Get another example (that shows how to read digital input) working.

At this point you should be able to write a program doing what you described.

ESP_krzychb

Re: Hi , can anyone say , how to configure the digital input and output in esp32 and how to read the digital input..?

Postby ESP_krzychb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:48 am

Many would prefer to avoid arduino IDE.
@dotthree, Instead of Arduino IDE you can use esp-idf and program in plain C and/or C++.
I personally would really love to see a comprehensive GPIO example which shows multiple pins set up and working simultaneously.
Esp-idf provides example with four GIPO pins set up and working simultaneously.

Reeshma

Postby Reeshma » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you, i will try with the above suggestion.

ESP_Kewal

Postby ESP_Kewal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:51 am

What exactly is your requirement ? I suggest you to go through basics of freeRTOS : Task, Queue, Semaphore. They would help you understand examples in esp-idf better. Also go through the readme files in each example folder.
Regards,
Kewal Shah