Facing issue related to Time Sync between RTC time and NTP server time in Arduino ESP32

Ramesh777

Facing issue related to Time Sync between RTC time and NTP server time in Arduino ESP32

Postby Ramesh777 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:11 pm

Hello,

I am using the ESP32 for my project with Arduino IDE.

currently, I am facing the issue related to RTC time sync with NTP server time. Some times, I found that the difference between my current RTC time and current actual UTC time is around more than 20 seconds or more.

For example, current UTC time is 11:12:01 and my current RTC time is 11:12:21. I am not able to understand the root cause behind it.

I am using the implementation from the example code available from FILE->Examples->ESP32->Time-SimpleTime in Arduino IDE

I am using the function configTime(gmtOffset_sec, daylightOffset_sec, ntpServer) to sync the RTC time with NTP server time where daylightOffset_sec = 0 , daylightOffset_sec = 0 and ntpServer = "pool.ntp.org". I am calling it at every 1 hour.

To derive the current RTC time , i am using the getLocalTime(&timeinfo) function.

This offset of the time difference between my current RTC time and actual NTP server time does not become 0 even though configTime function called to sync the Current RTC time with NTP server time.

Please note that my system remains active for 1 minute and remain in low power mode (light sleep mode) for 5 minutes.
Please Let me know if anybody can have some ideas about the issue or have any suggestions about what I am doing wrong.