ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

ESP_Sprite
Posts: 4396
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:41 am

It's a core based on an existing design, but taken in-house and optimized and partially re-written. Details of the core will make it to the technical reference manual, when available. I can tell you that it's a pretty much vanilla RV32IMC core (iirc, could be we also support A); is there anything more you'd like to know?

tvoneicken
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:20 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby tvoneicken » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 am

Has anything leaked about the C2 and S4? I had thought I had seen something about the C2, but now I can't find it. Prob got confused in all this nomenclature!

User avatar
citoyx
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:14 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby citoyx » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:44 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:41 am
It's a core based on an existing design, but taken in-house and optimized and partially re-written. Details of the core will make it to the technical reference manual, when available. I can tell you that it's a pretty much vanilla RV32IMC core (iirc, could be we also support A); is there anything more you'd like to know?
yes, will it be possible to do dual way rmt on one pin ? :) i have several posts asking such question since several months now for classical esp32 modules and still no answer yet. Main use is to be able to do dual way dshoot messaging for controling brushless motors via their ESC.

ESP_Sprite
Posts: 4396
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:24 am

citoyx wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:44 am
yes, will it be possible to do dual way rmt on one pin ? :) i have several posts asking such question since several months now for classical esp32 modules and still no answer yet. Main use is to be able to do dual way dshoot messaging for controling brushless motors via their ESC.
Can't tell, sorry... tbh even if I knew the details about the RMT, I have no idea what 'dual way rmt' would mean.

User avatar
citoyx
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:14 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby citoyx » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 am

easy: sending rmt message, and receiving rmt message, from the same pin.
Currently, all accessible code is either only receiving nor sending, but not both in the same time.

dshot is a pwm protocol, which implement dual way. when the "master" send a dshot data frame, the last bit request for a telemetry answer from the "slave" (ESC). latest esc firmware such as bheli32 are able to answer using the same cable.
Which means that the rmt pin should be used either for sending data frame or receiving telemetry frame from the esc. using only one pin.

I can already control motor using dshot, with esp32 but's only in way direction. i never find a way to use the same pin and configure rmt to switch from sending to receiving

copercini
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby copercini » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Any power consumption numbers? similar to ESP32 or are we going to be surprised?

dmaxben
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby dmaxben » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:05 pm

Any chance that the ESP32-S3 or S4 will have more than one TWAI controller? :)

User avatar
rudi ;-)
Posts: 1564
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:46 pm

citoyx wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:05 pm
Any new about which riscv core is it ? Who is the factory for this and where are the datasheet for it ?

The ESP32-C3 chip has some minor issues that it is need to iron out, partly because of some silly mistakes. still the testing and sampling can go on, but they have had to do some FIBs (focus ion beam to connect a couple of erroneous routing), resulting in very very limited number of samples.

i calc with mid februar with the new silicon on the desk.

any news available, i update this post.

edit: the (the one temporarily removed USB from the datasheet) is available in the Revision Silicon "again" -
The truth is they made a small mistake in the USB but they are fixing it in Jan. so the silicon after Feb will have USB
Last edited by rudi ;-) on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

User avatar
rudi ;-)
Posts: 1564
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 pm

dmaxben wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:05 pm
Any chance that the ESP32-S3 or S4 will have more than one TWAI controller? :)
No - from my (S3) desk - only one.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

User avatar
citoyx
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:14 am

Re: ESP32-C3 RISC-V Core - ...What i found just in time ...

Postby citoyx » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:19 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:46 pm
citoyx wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:05 pm
Any new about which riscv core is it ? Who is the factory for this and where are the datasheet for it ?

The ESP32-C3 chip has some minor issues that it is need to iron out, partly because of some silly mistakes. still the testing and sampling can go on, but they have had to do some FIBs (focus ion beam to connect a couple of erroneous routing), resulting in very very limited number of samples.

i calc with mid februar with the new silicon on the desk.

any news available, i update this post.

edit: the (the one temporarily removed USB from the datasheet) is available in the Revision Silicon "again" -
The truth is they made a small mistake in the USB but they are fixing it in Jan. so the silicon after Feb will have USB
All right, i see Mouser updated their catalog.
But this no info about what riscV core is it and who is the factory maker of this chip.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests