Problem with openssl with installation of esp-idf plugin in vscode

l_canete

Problem with openssl with installation of esp-idf plugin in vscode

Postby l_canete » Wed May 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I have managed to install the esp-idf plugin for vscode in my windows machine. The problem begins when i try to compile the blink.c example. I get the following errors in vscode terminal:

Code: Select all

-- Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits; will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
-- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
-- Checking Python dependencies...
The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
cryptography>=2.1.4
pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4.0
pyelftools>=0.22
gdbgui==0.13.2.0
reedsolo>=1.5.3,<=1.5.4
bitstring>=3.1.6
ecdsa>=0.16.0
esp-windows-curses; sys_platform == 'win32'
To install the missing packages, please run "c:\Users\User\ESP32\esp-idf\install.bat"
Diagnostic information:
    IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH: C:\Users\User\Espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.6_env
    Python interpreter used: C:\Users\User\Espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.6_env\Scripts\python.exe
CMake Error at C:/Users/User/ESP32/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:271 (message):
  Some Python dependencies must be installed.  Check above message for
  details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Users/User/ESP32/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:397 (__build_check_python)
  C:/Users/User/ESP32/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:395 (idf_build_process)
  CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/User/ESP32/workspace/blink/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/User/ESP32/workspace/blink/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
The terminal process "C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command cmake -G Ninja .." terminated with exit code: 1.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.
So following the terminals advice i go to c:\Users\User\ESP32\esp-idf\ in the command line and then write install.bat which then starts to download all dependencies until following error appears when trying to build cryptography dependecy:
build\temp.win-amd64-3.6\Release\_openssl.c(575): fatal error C1083: No se puede abrir el archivo incluir: 'openssl/opensslv.h': No such file or directory
so clearly it is not finding opensslv.h. But i have included following adresses to my PATH:

C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\include\openssl
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\lib

and opensslv.h is inside the C:\OpenSSL-Win32\include\openssl folder.

I have tried to solve this issue for days now. Any guidance on how to solve this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas Canete

l_canete

Re: Problem with openssl with installation of esp-idf plugin in vscode

Postby l_canete » Sun May 16, 2021 8:11 am

After days facing this problem i managed to solve it by uninstalling all software from espressif from my computer. Next, i downloaded the latest python (3.9 with pip version 21.1.1). After installing python i managed to install the IDF plugin successfully in vscode without any of the earlier problems. Hope this helps somebody.