After updating ESP32-IDF through github make clean, make all etc... has stopped to work

_Navis_

After updating ESP32-IDF through github make clean, make all etc... has stopped to work

Postby _Navis_ » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:57 am

After updating ESP32-IDF through github make clean, make all etc... has stopped to work !!

when I do make clean
make[1]: *** /home/gryffoon/workspace_esp32/ModularSoft/build/libsodium: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type. Arrêt. ()
/opt/esp-idf/make/project.mk:386: recipe for target 'libsodium-clean' failed
make: *** [libsodium-clean] Error 2
() means no such file or directory found.

make all:
make: *** No rule to make target '/home/gryffoon/workspace_esp32/ModularSoft/build/include/config/auto.conf', needed by '/home/gryffoon/workspace_esp32/ModularSoft/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin'. Stop.

make menuconfig:
Error opening terminal: unknown.
make: *** No rule to make target 'menuconfig', needed by '/home/gryffoon/workspace_esp32/ModularSoft/build/include/config/auto.conf'. Stop.

I've already made this command "git submodule update --init --recursive" in /opt/esp-idf/
The issue is still here

madscientist_42

Re: After updating ESP32-IDF through github make clean, make all etc... has stopped to work

Postby madscientist_42 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Builds for me. Sounds like a messy build environment.

You might want to do a "reset --hard HEAD" in the toplevel followed by a "git submodule update --init" to do a bit of housecleaning. I had a lurker on my latest pull where I'd started (but not finished) adding the Zephyr BT stack as an option choice.

ESP_Angus

Re: After updating ESP32-IDF through github make clean, make all etc... has stopped to work

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Navis,

That doesn't seem right! Try completely removing the build directory (ie "mv build build_broken") and see if anything comes good? If that works, could you possibly email me the build_broken directory so we can try to figure out what went wrong?

Also, as madscientist hinted, something may have gone wrong in the IDF git working directory. If you "cd $IDF_PATH; git status", what is the output?

Angus

Gkonoplya

Postby Gkonoplya » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Good day. Have to rise up this post.
Got this problem too, what had i done:
First i've tried to build a project in eclipse. It wrote me something about python dependency check and ends with that:
"Please refer to the Get Started section of the ESP-IDF Programming Guide for setting up the required packages. Alternatively, you can run "E:/msys32/mingw32/bin/python.exe -m pip install --user -r E:/msys32/home/Max/esp/esp-idf/requirements.txt" for resolving the issue.
make: *** [E:\msys32\home\Max\esp\esp-idf/make/project.mk:471: check_python_dependencies] Error 1"
Ok. I tried to install it and got another error.
Then after all i got that i need reinstall windows_prerequisitions.
But it not so easy to do, because msys is in conflict with catgets an libcatgets libs. After I've removerd them (pacman -R <libs>) i've easily reinstalled prerequisitions and requirments.
And now it builds perfectly, but make is totally broken. Error is equals to topicstarter's
I can't do anything. If i delete all my msys folder, reinstall this package "esp32_win32_msys2_environment_and_toolchain-20180110.zip" it makes good, but not builds at eclipse.
I stunned.
I've tried to reinstall submodules as hinted madscientist:
"git submodule install --init"
but it saids that "/usr/lib/git-core/git-sh-setup: line 46 /git-sh-i18n: no Such file or directory", but i looked there It is in it! :cry:
I have no idea what to do.
"git status" answering this:
"fatal: 'git status --porcelain=2' failed in submodule components/asio/asio"
Also this components and this error that shows in "...no rules" message from make command

ESP_Roland

Postby ESP_Roland » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:39 am

Hi Gkonoplya,

can you please post here the output of

Code: Select all

pacman -Syu
which should update all of your packages,

git submodule update --init --recursive
in your IDF directory, and

E:/msys32/mingw32/bin/python.exe -m pip install --user -r E:/msys32/home/Max/esp/esp-idf/requirements.txt
Thanks!

Gkonoplya

Postby Gkonoplya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Good day, Roland. Thank you, for your answer. I've already tried to do 2 & 3 your advice.
for the
git submodule update --init --recursive
it has been written the same for "git submodule install --init": "/usr/lib/git-core/git-sh-setup: line 46 /git-sh-i18n: no Such file or directory"
for
E:/msys32/mingw32/bin/python.exe -m pip install --user -r E:/msys32/home/Max/esp/esp-idf/requirements.txt
i didn't remember what it was exact, but in general - that all requirements has been satisfied.

I'll try to do your first advice, and will write here.

Gkonoplya

Postby Gkonoplya » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:48 am

Hello all.
As I've promised, I tried first Roland's advice, and done:
pacman -Syu
It has downloaded mingw32, mingw32.sig, mingw64, mingw64.sig; after that, he asked, whether I want to replace catgets & libcatgets with msys/msys2-runtime, i've said yes. It has downloaded 3 packets: mingw-w64-i686-gettext...; mingw-w64-i686-openssl... and msys2-runtime-2.11.1-2 installed them...
And nothing changes.
make doesn't work,
git update, and pip install works as I've said
first - don't works. "..... No such file or directory"
other - a lot of requirments, but all of them already satisfied

Gkonoplya

Postby Gkonoplya » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi all. after all promises that it is the very last ime I tried to make this thing work - I've done it.
First of all, i must notice, that my error seems to be absolutly other than Navis. I've got broken "make" after updates of toolchain, not git - and this was the key. I've bind at point that after installing prerquisites Eclipse was OK, and make broken, so let check it out.
I've studied windows_install_prerequisites.sh in tools directory, which is recommended to reinstall if you having such issue as mine.
and after all it has 4 blocks:

pacman --noconfirm -Syu
- updating current packages, as roland said

pacman --noconfirm -S --needed gettext-devel gcc git make ncurses-devel flex bison gperf vim \
       mingw-w64-i686-python2-pip mingw-w64-i686-python2-cryptography unzip winpty
- updating neede packages with restoring dependecies

python -m pip install -r $IDF_PATH/requirements.txt
which is equal to
and at last

TOOLCHAIN_ZIP=xtensa-esp32-elf-win32-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a-5.2.0.zip
echo "Downloading precompiled toolchain ${TOOLCHAIN_ZIP}..."
cd ~
curl -LO --retry 10 http://dl.espressif.com/dl/${TOOLCHAIN_ZIP}
cd /opt
rm -rf /opt/xtensa-esp32-elf  # for upgrades
unzip ~/${TOOLCHAIN_ZIP}
rm ~/${TOOLCHAIN_ZIP}
which is updating toolchain.
I've began just doing one by one and It was, that first 3 block are updating packages, and making dependensies ok, and the last which has to set toolchain up to date brokes it.
So If you'll done first three blocks manually without last. It all will be ok.
Hope it would be helpful to someone.