ESP32 WROVER-E

ndjurov

ESP32 WROVER-E

Postby ndjurov » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:19 pm

I would really appreciate some help on this one.
We have a small ESP32 based board that runs on WROVER-E, 16MB and only uses a few transceivers to communicate with other devices. Very simple, I would say. It allows another devices to connect to it, either via WiFi or BLE, and for this it puts ESP32 WiFi into AP mode.
Problem that we are facing is that WiFi is terribly slow. DHCP sometime never even issues IP address to a device that tries to connect to it. If it does, it sometimes takes several seconds to transfer just a few bytes of data. The reason the subject of this post is WROVER-E, is that if we run this same code on a "standard" ESP32 development board - DevkitV1 which runs on WROOM-32, everything is OK and WiFi is very fast, or should I say - normally fast.
My question is - is there any issue with WROVER-E WiFi that may cause this, and/or can you think of anything wrong that may have happened on the board that may be a potential reason for the problem?
Like I said - I would really appreciate any help as we are pretty much stuck with a slow, or should I say - unusable WiFi.
Thank you very much.