Are the features of the auto light sleep of esp32 similar to the auto light sleep of esp8266?.

roctwo

Are the features of the auto light sleep of esp32 similar to the auto light sleep of esp8266?.

Postby roctwo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:08 am

I know IDF doesn't support light sleep yet. But I would like to prepare my application in advance to accommodate the light sleep functionality.
According to the features of auto light sleep of esp8266, CPU must be in an idle state. Is it the same for esp32?If so, I need to refactor my code so that some task can be in the idle state.
Best Regards!

ESP_igrr

Re: Are the features of the auto light sleep of esp32 similar to the auto light sleep of esp8266?.

Postby ESP_igrr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

Yes, automatic entry into light sleep will only be possible when no tasks are running, except for the IDLE tasks. If both CPUs are running IDLE tasks, then the system will be able to enter light sleep (provided that WiFi driver is either stopped or in light sleep phase).
Note that some drivers which rely on interrupts will also prevent entry into light sleep mode, once enabled. This is because all the digital part of the chip is suspended in light sleep mode, which also prevents interrupts from occurring.

BearPeak

If freertos is runing IDLEtask,the esp32 chip CPU is active or IDLE?And can it enter light sleep in the future?

Postby BearPeak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 am

The idf version is v2.0, the esp32 chip is up to date.
If transfer vTaskDelay(), the esp32 chip CPU is active or IDLE? Can it enter light sleep int this status?
The freertos run the user task over,and now is runing IDLEtask,the esp32 chip CPU is active or IDLE? In this status , can it enter light sleep when add new features to the idf in the future?