WiFi Continuous Wave for Signal Strength Testing.

jesseb

WiFi Continuous Wave for Signal Strength Testing.

Postby jesseb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm

I want to be able to send a continuous wave over the WiFi in my application code.
I know there is a binary that is used for FCC testing but I'd really like to be able to do this within my application code.
Could I get some source code or get pointed to some resources for doing this?

Thank you!

jesseb

Re: WiFi Continuous Wave for Signal Strength Testing.

Postby jesseb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Does anyone have anything on this?

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:02 pm

If you really need this for production you may want to request engineering support through sales.

stanidedieu

Postby stanidedieu » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:01 am

Hello! I have the same issue, for EMC (europeen FCC) certification of the ESP32 I need to set the ESP32 wifi as an continus 2,4Ghz emission (independent of the Channel (1-11)).

I hope @jessib have an answer in mp, do you have a bin or the source code to use the esp32 as a 2.4Ghz emetter, only the carrier Frequency, no data, no frequency modulation

plz <3

sincerly

Stan

Epsi_iot

Postby Epsi_iot » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:47 am

We recently applied for pre-compliance testing of our product having ESP32- Wroover module. It was our first experience with such testing so agency demanded continuous transmission code with maximum power transmission. We got the .bin file from official website. Module started continuous transmission but tx power setting details is not available in public domain. Please provide some information for TX power setting or what is the default tx power in .bin file for radio performance test folder. This has hold our production plan so looking forward for quick solution.
Thank you.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 am

You're probably better off mailing sales@espressif.com for this, as they handle commercial requirements more often.

Nikhil1520

Postby Nikhil1520 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Hello,

could anyone get answer on this thread, on how to transmit continuous carrier wave for max power measurements on 2.4 GhZ?

Regards
Nikhil

ns1668

Postby ns1668 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:33 am

There is a radio testing firmware and configuration tool provided by espressif: ESP32&ESP8266&ESP32S2 RF Performance Test Demonstration

https://www.espressif.com/en/support/do ... ther-tools
https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... t_EN_0.zip

dovoto

Postby dovoto » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 pm

The radio test firmware is great, but unusable unless your product happens to have the io exposed as required...Providing source code or having the firmware read test commands from a spiffs config file (if providing source code is not an option) would be an immense help.

ns1668

Postby ns1668 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:35 am

The radio test firmware is great, but unusable unless your product happens to have the io exposed as required...Providing source code or having the firmware read test commands from a spiffs config file (if providing source code is not an option) would be an immense help.
I agree - this is something that is causing me a bit of trouble as I will need to make significant modifications to enable radio testing via serial interface.

Is there a spec for communicating with the rf firmware, or as you say - some source code for the test software.