[UART] Read recieved parity bit

marcoccio

[UART] Read recieved parity bit

Postby marcoccio » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:30 pm

I have been trying for some days to see if there is a way to get the received parity bit from a transmission without success. To clarify, I don't want to detect when a parity error happens, I want to use the "parity bit" received by the rx hw as a nine data bit.

My problem is that I need to interface with a vending machine controller that speaks 9 bit words over its serial out. So, while prototyping I managed to do it with software serial using the Arduino framework, however, I need other functions that require IDF to use them. Is there a way to read the whole hardware input RX buffer, including it's parity bit, without writing my own ISR (which would be a pain)?

I have read the uart.c file and it seems that with hal functions one can not access many low level registers and flags. I tryied using the default event handler given in the examples folder but it is too slow and cumbersome to reconstruct the parity bit using the events queue.

Only documentation that I found was in here: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... itter-uart

And some examples in github, is there anything more? Thanks