acoustic camera

teheelpeel

acoustic camera

Postby teheelpeel » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:30 am

hi, I am trying to build an acoustic camera using an esp32s3 board. in order to detect where a source of sound is coming from, I need to recive data from 16 microphnes at once, and then do to the slight diffrences in the data I can calculate where the sound is coming from.
and here is my problem: I need to recive data from all microphones at the exact same time. (I need a sampeling rate of around 44k, eace sample is 32 bit meaning the bit clock is around 3MHz.)
since the regular I2S method only recives data from 1 microphone, I thought of using the camera module, and entering the output data of each mic into one of the gpio pins that are supposed to recive data from the camera. but then I got mixed up with all the other pins the camera module has. what pin should I conect to the bit clock?(freq of around 3M) what for the ws clock?(freq of around 44k) what pins do I not need to cofigure?
can somone really explain the meaning of each one of thes pins: XCLK_GPIO_NUM, PCLK_GPIO_NUM, VSYNC_GPIO_NUM, HREF_GPIO_NUM, SIOD_GPIO_NUM, SIOC_GPIO_NUM, PWDN_GPIO_NUM, RESET_GPIO_NUM?

MicroController

Re: acoustic camera

Postby MicroController » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:48 pm

in order to detect where a source of sound is coming from, I need to recive data from 16 microphnes at once
Hmm. Shouldn't 4 be enough in theory?

teheelpeel

Re: acoustic camera

Postby teheelpeel » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

yes, but I want 16 for higher resolution and better results. enyway, even for only 4 mic's the problem still exists - i have to recive (and memorize/send) a bit of data from each one at once, with a rate of around 3MHz... eny ideas how to do so?

Last bumped by teheelpeel on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am.