What are hardware issues behind Vl6180x didnot light up or blink?

engkhaledeisa

What are hardware issues behind Vl6180x didnot light up or blink?

Postby engkhaledeisa » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:06 am

hi ...how are you .....what cause the sensor(Vl6180X) when it gets the power (3.24 volt if I connect it to 3.3v output pin and 5.4 volt if I connect it to vu output pin ) and in both cases it didnot respond and the led light in it didnot blink or lights up...what are the main reasons behind that ....the auther of the project code his design uses espminid1 and he told me I can use the main code on esp8266 nodemcu v3 as that is the one I bought as I found it only in the store (my design uses nodemcu v3 ) ....so what are the hardware differences or issues that cause that ?

i only can upload on photo and that is the one mine that I use nodemcu v3 ch340g the auther uses the same connection but he uses minid1 instead of nodemcu ....is there an official community for you
Attachments
AgilityLights_Master.png
AgilityLights_Master.png (297.5 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (225.07 KiB) Viewed 479 times

ESP_Sprite

Re: What are hardware issues behind Vl6180x didnot light up or blink?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 am

Can you post your source code? Do you get any messages on the serial terminal that may lead us in the right direction? Checked all your connections to see if they're in the right locations and connect properly? What did you try to debug the issue by yourself already?

engkhaledeisa

Re: What are hardware issues behind Vl6180x didnot light up or blink?

Postby engkhaledeisa » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:13 pm

for the past several monthes I checked the connections and I asked my friend to check them and he told me it is fine ...I contact the auther and told me fine except like I said he uses minid1 instead of nodemcu v3 but he told me the code is compaitable with nodemcu v3 as he test that and the configurations are with the same pins ...so I ask you is there any differences if I use nodemcu v3 instead of minid1.....I debug myself for several monthes and asked in forums but I didnot get ....no messages appear in serial monitor
https://github.com/projectswithalex/Rea ... ing-Module
here is the code like you ask ....I really appreciate it