Build errors at Makefile.projbuild

rwel59

Build errors at Makefile.projbuild

Postby rwel59 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am

Switched over to Windows 10 from linux/eclipse because I'm fed up with eclipse issues. But I'm having a hard time getting projects to compile.

Followed windows setup in documentation. Using VS Code. When I compile, libraries are built but then process stops with following error:
/bin/sh: python: command not found
make: *** [/c/users/rick/documents/vscode/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/Makefile.projbuild:51: /c/Users/Rick/Documents/VScode/project1/build/project1.bin] Error 127

I get the same error when I run 'make' in msys32 terminal. Tried with project that compiles in eclipse along with a sample esp file that was newly created with esp project template - got same results for both. I'm sure this a configuration error but I'd sure appreciate some help in figuring out where to look to resolve.

ESP_Angus

Re: Build errors at Makefile.projbuild

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 am

Hi rwel59,

I have a couple of questions to help clarify this:

When running from the terminal:
Which MSYS environment did you download/install? Are you starting the terminal via "mingw32.exe" (the prompt should say MINGW32 not MSYS)?

Once you have the terminal command line building correctly, it should be possible to configure VSCode and/or Eclipse.

Gfast2

Postby Gfast2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am

Hi rwel59,

Have you checked out Kolban's Vid about this topic?

I've tried to build up my develop enviroment on win10 at the very beginning. And it works, but pretty slow (Caused by Anti-Virus Software I believe). Some guys in forum shared, only for compiling Hello World took his/her machine nearly 20min. :| :!:

So if you got some update later. I'd very pleased to hear.

Cheers

Gfast2

rwel59

Postby rwel59 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

was trying to get away from eclipse. after spending hours trying to get vs code setup (in both windows and linux), I gave up and went back to linux eclipse.

I'm sure my issues revolve around properly setting up paths, includes, etc - basic environment setup, and eventually I could figure it out, I just ran out of time to work on it.

tangqingcai

Postby tangqingcai » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 am

hi friend rwel59:
i met the same problem with you;but i run mingw32.exe in folder msys32/ ;
and input make all;then it makes successful;
hope it could help you;