ESP32 chip self-test program?

ogensyts

ESP32 chip self-test program?

Postby ogensyts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi,

For example : I solder a ESP-WROOM-32 chip on a PCB that i made, who seems to be working great afterwards (it flashes and runs code).

But I want to assure myself that the ESP32 chip was not damaged in any way during the soldering operation. To do this i think a self-test program on the ESP32 would do the job.

Question is :
Is there a official program that i can flash on it or something that i can use to do a complete "self-test" on the ESP32 to make sure it works 100%?

Regards,
ogensyts

ogensyts

Re: ESP32 chip self-test program?

Postby ogensyts » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:47 pm

So i found it. Very easy.

On the official site of Espressif (https://www.espressif.com/en/support/do ... ther-tools) you can find "ESP32 Certification and Test" and use flash tool to test your ESP32.

ogensyts

ESP_Angus

Re: ESP32 chip self-test program?

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi ogensyts,

Glad you found a solution to test youe ESP32 is running. The Certification Test program will test the ESP32's radio capabilities - it's designed to be used when doing RF compliance testing. So it doesn't do anything else useful, just emits radio waves as fast as it can so that expensive instruments can be used to measure their intensity.

The ESP32 chips themselves are tested as part of the production process, but this testing requires complex equipment so we don't release that self-test publically.

Probably the best thing you can do, aside from running the certification test, is to pick an example in ESP-IDF (or the Arduino examples if you use Arduino) and flash it on the board.

Most people building a product with ESP32 will design their own test suite which exercises the features they use in their product, to test the completed assembly.