libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, no way out...

Alex Red

libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, no way out...

Postby Alex Red » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello,

I am on a Win10 @ &4, setting up an ESP-MDF environment under Eclipse IDE...
I have an ESP-WROOVER-KIT and I' am trying to setup the debugging stuff with openOCD latest release, calling it by MSYS2 ( tested both 32 and 64 bit versiones...)

I stalled all as per documentations, more times, in more ways, set and rechecked and setted again the Drivers for the FTDI chip with zadig 2.3 tool, tried many fixes looking around the net to find solutions, but no way...
everytime I try to launch the openOCD with :

'bin/openocd -s share/openocd/scripts -f interface/ftdi/esp32_devkitj_v1.cfg -f board/esp-wroom-32.cfg'

I ALWAYS get this...

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0-dev (2018-06-04-09:51)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
none separate
adapter speed: 20000 kHz
esp32 interrupt mask on
force hard breakpoints
Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
Info : ftdi: if you experience problems at higher adapter clocks, try the command "ftdi_tdo_sample_edge falling"
Info : clock speed 20000 kHz
Info : JTAG tap: esp32.cpu0 tap/device found: 0x120034e5 (mfg: 0x272 (Tensilica), part: 0x2003, ver: 0x1)
Info : JTAG tap: esp32.cpu1 tap/device found: 0x120034e5 (mfg: 0x272 (Tensilica), part: 0x2003, ver: 0x1)
cpu0: Current bits set: BreakIn BreakOut RunStallIn
cpu1: Current bits set: none

I found no way to avoid this, read a lot of posts on this problem, and tried all possible fixes... no way... I know that unde VSCode + Platformio IDE, the device enters debug ( but under ESP-IDF and platformio does not support ESP-MDF ), so, I suppose the board is ok...

Any Suggestion or Idea would be welcome...

Thanks

Alex

f.h-f.s.

Re: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, no way out...

Postby f.h-f.s. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 am

Why do you call openocd in msys2? http://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... ndows.html There you can find the windows binary for openocd.