how to stop receiving of data from UART

ningappa BS

how to stop receiving of data from UART

Postby ningappa BS » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm

hi all,
my requirement is to receive some (let say 200 bytes) of UART data and stop receiving then process the received data and then again receive 200 bytes stop receiving, process the received data and so on till the end of data (let say 1000 bytes ). Is there any API's or can we make CTS & RTS pins according to my wish so that receiving data can be controlled. Can we access CTS & RTS pins??

thanks in advance
Last edited by ningappa BS on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kolban

Re: how to stop receiving of data in UART

Postby kolban » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Howdy,
Let me suggest having a read at this part of the documentation relating to UART.

https://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... /uart.html

Let's see if after we read this how many of the questions still remain.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

ningappa BS

Postby ningappa BS » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:36 am

can we make CTS pin high or low according to our wish so that we can stop and start communication manually.If yes, is there any example kindly share.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 am

You can map whatever pin you want to use as a GPIO, and manually control it that way.

ningappa BS

Re: how to stop and resume receiving of data from UART

Postby ningappa BS » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 am

am setting and resetting the gpio pin which am using as a CTS pin to start and stop the UART communication but still am not getting any effect on communication, can you please share any UART communication code which is controlling by CTS pin so that i will get some idea. Any suggestions can be appreciated.

thanks in advance

ningappa BS

Re: how to stop and resume receiving of data from UART

Postby ningappa BS » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 am

ningappa BS wrote:am setting and resetting the gpio pin which am using as a CTS pin to start and stop the UART communication but still am not getting any effect on communication, can you please share any UART communication code which is controlling by CTS pin so that i will get some idea. Any suggestions can be appreciated.

thanks in advance

issue solved....... :)