How can i support UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)?

RajaniSureja

How can i support UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)?

Postby RajaniSureja » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 am

Hi Support Team,

We are using ESP32 IDF version 2.1 and want to use UART DMA. here in this IDFversion 2.1 not provided support for UART DMA. So in earlier discussion with support team we got some sample code for UART DMA. here attached received uhci.tar.gz file from support team.

So the above mention driver file working fine for DMA init for UART Tx and Rx both. but I am facing issue while UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api).

1. Is it possible to use UART Tx without dma and Rx with dma and vice versa?
2. If possible then do you have reference example or demo sample code to verify over ESP32? Could you please send those details with sample code if you have?

Let me know if need any details from our side regarding same.

Regards,
Rajani Sureja
System Level Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Attachments
uhci.tar.gz
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 591 times

eng.m_mahmoud

Re: How can i support UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)?

Postby eng.m_mahmoud » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Hello friend,

sorry for interruption, but currently, it is required from us to use uart DMA, i found the files you attached in you post and you said it was provided by support team, I downloaded the files and added to my project, the files of udma and uchi are almost identical, Are both of those files provided by support team?
and when I was testing the TX and RX using these files, the Tx works OK but the Rx doesn't, Did you modify those drivers?
if you could give me any clue about Tx and Rx using uart DMA I will be grateful

Thanks

ESP_Sara

Re: How can i support UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)?

Postby ESP_Sara » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Please, note that due a HW issue on UHCI of ESP32, RX transfer via DMA is not reliable.