Missing function implementations: fstatat, openat, readlinkat, fdopendir, getpwuid_r, getgrgid_r

marjonz

Missing function implementations: fstatat, openat, readlinkat, fdopendir, getpwuid_r, getgrgid_r

Postby marjonz » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:38 am

Is there a way to get the actual implementations of these function into the ESP library? I'm stumped.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Missing function implementations: fstatat, openat, readlinkat, fdopendir, getpwuid_r, getgrgid_r

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:55 am

A fair amount of these things don't make sense in esp-idf context: we don't have PID/UIDs and as far as I am aware no filesystem we support handles symlinks. For the rest: as far as I can see, they're convenience functions and you should be able to write wrappers for them.

marjonz

Re: Missing function implementations: fstatat, openat, readlinkat, fdopendir, getpwuid_r, getgrgid_r

Postby marjonz » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 am

Add getpwuid() to that list. pwd.h says it has an implementation, but during compile, it cannot like to the function implementation. :(

marjonz

Postby marjonz » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:04 am

@ESP_Sprite thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I am doing at the moment. I am trying to write the wrappers for some of the missing functions.