Bluetooh Mesh models definition

jerome

Bluetooh Mesh models definition

Postby jerome » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:08 am

Hi
I'm using BLE Mesh network in my project.
I would like to be able to :

1- Send a small buffer of data to all nodes from a mobile app, when user press a button in the mobile app
2- Report 1 status from the node device to the mobile app, when user press a button on the device (the status should be able to be read from the mobile app as well)
3- Report 1 another status from the node device to the mobile app, not triggered by a button (the status should be able to be read from the mobile app as well)

From my understanding, each device node should use :

1- A vendor model server to be able to receive the custom data from the mobile app (mentioned in 1- above), I did not find any existing SIG model that allows to send a small buffer of data to all nodes.
2- A generic on/off client model to be able to report first status to the mobile app when user press a button on the device (mentioned in 2- above)
2.1- A generic on/off server model to be able to report first status to the mobile app when mobile app request this status
3- Another generic on/off client model to be able to report second status to the mobile app (mentioned in 3- above)
3.1- A generic on/off server model to be able to report second status to the mobile app when mobile app request this status

I was wondering if my understanding of BLE mesh server/client models is correct ?
If so, where can I find some examples to achieve this ?
I played with the BLE Mesh node example from ESP, it seems to implement only the generic on/off server model, not the client, and there is no example regarding vendor specific models implementation.

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help
J

chegewara

Re: Bluetooh Mesh models definition

Postby chegewara » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Start from reading mesh model specs
https://www.bluetooth.com/specification ... ifications

jerome

Postby jerome » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for your reply.
I read different documents about Mesh models, still a bit confused :-)

I was wondering if my understanding in my previous post was correct, at least.
J

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:52 am

jerome wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am
Thanks for your reply.
I read different documents about Mesh models, still a bit confused :-)

I was wondering if my understanding in my previous post was correct, at least.
J
1.Onoff server model and onoff client model communication is base on three messge.[Generic OnOff get / Generic OnOff set /Generic OnOff Status] Mobile phone as onoff client model.
2.source address and destination address has four type.[ Unicast address / virtual address / group address / Unassigned address] If you want to control multiple devices at the same time,you destination address should use virtual address or group address.If you want to control one device ,you destination address should use Unicast address.
3vendor model is very similar to sig model.Just messge and status is not define.you can use it to transfer a buff.