Using the ESP-ADF with custom hardware

mitchk

Using the ESP-ADF with custom hardware

Postby mitchk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello. I am interested in developing with the ESP-ADF but I have my own custom board that I would like to develop for rather than the ESP32 LyraT. Is it possible to just make changes to the board.h file to match my hardware and then use the existing project examples? Or are there other aspects of the ESP-ADF that make it only usable with the ESP32 LyraT at this time? Thanks.

ESP_William

Re: Using the ESP-ADF with custom hardware

Postby ESP_William » Thu May 03, 2018 3:17 am

Code: Select all

Is it possible to just make changes to the board.h file to match my hardware and then use the existing project examples? Or are there other aspects of the ESP-ADF that make it only usable with the ESP32 LyraT at this time?
—— Yes,it is,you can make changes to it to match your hardware and use the existing project examples, but you mast make sure the software drive should match your hardware design.

mitchk

Postby mitchk » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Thank you that is helpful. My board has an ESP-WROOM-32 instead of the ESP32-WROVER. Is there a way to find out which projects or functions are making using of the PSRAM that the ESP32-WROVER has so I can avoid those? If any of them are that is.

ESP_William

Postby ESP_William » Wed May 09, 2018 9:43 am

Please refer to the url as below,i hope it works for you.
https://esp-adf.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... tions.html

mitchk

Postby mitchk » Wed May 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Thank you