Ready binary for mesh

christiand

Ready binary for mesh

Postby christiand » Thu May 25, 2023 7:39 am

Hi all,

I am a complete newbe. So pls. apologise if my question is kind of stupid. I came across the ESP32 when i realized it is simple to have a live view on my photovoltaik production instead of buying a costly solution directly from the provider. however for this i managed to find a binary and i just had to flash it.

now i would like to add a small mesh wlan network in order to extend my wifi to the basement and the garde.

therefore i would like to use a number of esp32 mini's which build up a mesh. at least one node should connect to my home wifi and route all traffic over. is this a valid use case for esp-mdf?

so i think it should be possible to configure the access to my home wifi. and also maybe define the ssid for the mesh where other clients can connect. ideally it would be the same as my home wifi.

is there a ready binary i could use to flash on the may esp32 minis already? i have a really hard time to setup the environment and compile for myself.

kind regards
christian

christiand

Re: Ready binary for mesh

Postby christiand » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:06 am

is this forum kind of asleep?g

rsimpsonbusa

Re: Ready binary for mesh

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:43 am

Hi @christiand

Yeah :D it certainly looks like that in many many many unanswered questions or even hopeful answers. It hopeless. It stopped being helpful a long time ago. Mostly I think people browse and dont want or take the time to give some help. Try youtube videos much more helpful

Anyways, as to your question, not that I know of. Never binaries in any case. There is an example in espidf/examples/mesh/internal_communication. Use it as a base program to make your specific requirements. Presumably u r using Visual Studio Code so just try it there and test it.

Do keep in mind that Mesh is rather elaborate, but once you toy with it u get the concepts and becomes workable. So yes, a central root node connects to your wIfi AP (name and password setup in the app) with YOUR logic which is replicated in ALL nodes. Some thing should only be done in the ROOT node but not many. Good luck.