Ultra Low Power (ULP) Infrequent Bluetooth (BLE) Connection

c2mw4_geg

Ultra Low Power (ULP) Infrequent Bluetooth (BLE) Connection

Postby c2mw4_geg » Tue May 28, 2019 5:14 pm

My project requires Ultra Low Power (ULP) while waiting for Infrequent Bluetooth (BLE) Connections. ESP32 was selected based on attractive Deep Sleep ULP specs, Bluetooth / WiFi capability, and overall cost & feature set. The ESP32 TRM v4.0 pg. 636 says that Deep-Sleep is "Recommended for ULP Infrequently-connected WiFi/Bluetooth Applications".

Is there code available to support Deep Sleep while BLE Advertising & waiting for connection? Haven't found it so far... any pointers appreciated! Cheers, /george

wevets

Re: Ultra Low Power (ULP) Infrequent Bluetooth (BLE) Connection

Postby wevets » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:50 am

Did you ever get an answer to your question or figure out how to do it? I'm coming up against a similar requirement. In my case, read a load sensor and when a threshold is exceeded, wake up and report.

Fusseldieb

Re: Ultra Low Power (ULP) Infrequent Bluetooth (BLE) Connection

Postby Fusseldieb » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm

I was also thinking of this scenario.

I've just recently bought an ESP32 "Watch" DevKit and they say the battery doesn't last (+- 8h only) since the main CPU + BLE needs to be active in order to poll the cellphone or whatever.

If we could let only the ULP activated + BLE it would allow to trigger the main CPU to wake when something interesting happens, but otherwise it would deep sleep, letting the battery last ages.

Why isn't this a feature yet?