esp32 (ttgo t-display) displaying image from server

Pasadenasman

esp32 (ttgo t-display) displaying image from server

Postby Pasadenasman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi,
I'm really new in the world of esp32 and electronic in overall. I've found the ESP32 few months ago and totally falled in love with it since back then ! Playing with esp32 modules and arduino since then, I've got a few project in mind and my lack of knowledge in programmation lead me to wonder whats the best way to achieve certain things without sometimes getting any answer whatsoever.

So, i finally come to post here since i can't find any solution with proper example to achieve what i want to do. Hope you guys can give me some hints or where to look at !

I've bought a TTGO T-Display a few weeks ago with the will in mind to display some images from a server. What i'm trying to do is having the TTGO to displaying a precise image frome a server with a service that push that image to the TTGO let's say when a trigger...is triggered ! The image size and resolution will not be huge, we are speaking about images taken by an esp32-cam or so. I've come to the conclusion that MQTT could do this by the TTGO subscribing to a topic and when an image is published by the server, the TTGO will be aware and can display it. However, i always find example where images are pushed from the esp32, not to the esp32. I understand that the major issue with this is to decode the incoming image (buffer issue) then displaying it.

I think it could be done be getting to a specific URL on a server and display the image it get from an HTTP GET. I've also found that this could be done by Json too.

So my question is quiet simple, do you guys have any idea where to start and wich protocol i can use to do this ?

By the way, my server is a simple LAMP RPI4 with PHP(installed), MQTT mosquitto (installed). So basically, i want the RPI to push images to the TTGO when a triggered :)

Thanks in advance and hope you are doing well !