Is it possible to wakeup the esp32 main cores with an ultrasonic sensor runing on the ULP Co-processor??

SOUF3D

Is it possible to wakeup the esp32 main cores with an ultrasonic sensor runing on the ULP Co-processor??

Postby SOUF3D » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:14 pm

I am trying to make a system capable to mesure a temperture of moving objects (in transportation fields) using an IR camera (MLX) and send the message. To reduce the consumption of the energy, I need to put the esp32 on deep sleep. So I want to connect an ultrasonic sonic sensor runing on the ULP Co-processor(I'm not sure if it's possible) and if a distance under 50 cm is detected, the co-processor wakes the main cores to take measurments and then send the values via MQTT broker and return to sleep. Is it possible to run the ultrasonic sensor on the ULP co-proc? and if it is, how to programm the ULP in Assembly? Thank you so much for your help.

Remyhx

Re: Is it possible to wakeup the esp32 main cores with an ultrasonic sensor runing on the ULP Co-processor??

Postby Remyhx » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:07 pm

It is possible if you know how to use assembly. Otherwise use the ESP32-S3, it can use a C orientated ULP to measure ADC and I2C.