ESP32 - S2 USB Camera to SD card

melsharawy

ESP32 - S2 USB Camera to SD card

Postby melsharawy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Hello, I am trying to get an ESP32 - S2 to record video from a USB camera and save it to an SD card.

I found this in the example projects: https://github.com/espressif/esp-iot-so ... ra_sd_card

and it seemed to work with release/4.4 of the IDF (I couldn't find this documented anywhere - I just tried and failed with a few different versions of the IDF until I stumbled into the right one)

This seemed to suit my needs, but the framerate of stored data is really low. Most of this time is spent on suspending the UVC streaming and restarting the UVC streaming. If I comment out those lines of code, it will work for a few frames, but then it will start failing to write to the SD card (error code 0x108).

I thought this may be an issue with the frame_cb_sdcard() being called before frame_cb_sdcard() of the last iteration has terminated, so I set trigger_threshold = 100 to test that, but it still fails.

For some reason, I cannot write to the SD card while UVC streaming is active.

I would appreciate any insight as to why I can't write to the SD card while the UVC streaming is active, and any workarounds.