Cmake not working with ESP-WHO project?

mkeveney

Cmake not working with ESP-WHO project?

Postby mkeveney » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:05 pm

I've successfully compiled and run the camera_web_server example using esp-idf 3.3.1 and the default toolchain.

But, on Windows, building under the MSYS32 environment is painfully slow. I'd prefer to use the Cmake preview. Since the example projects include CMakelists.txt files, I assumed this would work.

Unfortunately the bootloader.bin file ends up much larger, causing an error from esptool:

esptool write_flash: error: argument <address> <filename>: Detected overlap at
address: 0x8000 for file: partition_table/partition-table.bin

I discovered that the sdkconfig file produced by the new menuconfig is quite different. I suspect this is the cause.

Is the esp-who project compatible with Cmake? If so, what do you suspect my problem is?

-Matt

xgarbxgarb

Re: Cmake not working with ESP-WHO project?

Postby xgarbxgarb » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Not sure if it's the same problem but I got the camera_web_server example to build using the following two settings in menuconfig

Partition Table > Partition Table (Single factory app, no OTA)
Partition Table > (0x10000) Offset of partition table

mkeveney

Re: Cmake not working with ESP-WHO project?

Postby mkeveney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:58 pm

> Not sure if it's the same problem but I got the camera_web_server example to build using the following two settings in menuconfig
> ...

Yes, I know I could do that, but that doesn't explain why the bootloader.bin ends up larger by about 2K... Makes me wonder what _else_ is different. Maybe nothing important, but still, I'd like to know.

Thanks for your reply. After no action on this forum, I cross-posted the same question on the Github, which seems to have more activity. Go there for more:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-who/issues/128