Launch target vanishing.

jekutin

Launch target vanishing.

Postby jekutin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Sometime in the beginning of cmake one of the problems was, that Launch target disappeared suddenly. I have been working with other project, but installed last week esp-idf and Eclipse to a native Fedora 30, Eclipse is 2020-06 and ESP related programs latest version. In addition to that launch target vanishes also debug vanishes from launch mode. As instructed in web, I can get launch target back by creating a new project. Launch mode debug is still missing. I went to project properties Run/debug settings and created a new launch configuration, In common page I selected debug and run. That brought back launch modes, but launch target dropdown disappeared.

If I delete the newly created useless project, launch target dropdown disappears, too.

Some how I managed to create blink. It works fine, and I can also debug it, but even hello_world is a problem.

I have (tried) made all strictly according to the instructions. From command line all works fine.

I tried to install esp-idf to W10 by running the install exe, but could not install the plugin, there where some version problems.

Any hints, how to proceed?

jekutin

Re: Launch target vanishing.

Postby jekutin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Some new information. If I select launch target Local, I can select launch mode debug, but if I change back to launch target e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0, debug disappears from launch mode.

Menuconfig should be able to be started from ide, but gives an json error. This worked several months ago.

I have plugins 1.1.1.20200640612, python 3.7.3 and java 14.0.1

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:06 am

Hello,

Sometime in the beginning of cmake one of the problems was, that Launch target disappeared suddenly. I have been working with other project, but installed last week esp-idf and Eclipse to a native Fedora 30, Eclipse is 2020-06 and ESP related programs latest version. In addition to that launch target vanishes also debug vanishes from launch mode. As instructed in web, I can get launch target back by creating a new project. Launch mode debug is still missing. I went to project properties Run/debug settings and created a new launch configuration, In common page I selected debug and run. That brought back launch modes, but launch target dropdown disappeared.
Please stick to the default launch configuration created for the project. Launch target dropdown will disappear if you create a new Launch configuration from the launch menu. This will be fixed soon.

If I delete the newly created useless project, launch target dropdown disappears, too.
tried to install esp-idf to W10 by running the install exe, but could not install the plugin, there where some version problems.
The problem could be with a Java version. It's documented here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... tag/v1.1.1
Please make sure you use Java 11 for Eclipse.

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:15 am

jekutin wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 pm
Some new information. If I select launch target Local, I can select launch mode debug, but if I change back to launch target e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0, debug disappears from launch mode.

Menuconfig should be able to be started from ide, but gives an json error. This worked several months ago.

I have plugins 1.1.1.20200640612, python 3.7.3 and java 14.0.1
To see the debug Launch mode
1. Switch perspective to CDT Debug
2. Import the predefined debug launch configuration file as mentioned here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... he-project or you can also create a new debug configuration using File > Debug As > Debug Configuration > GDB Hardware debugging > New Configuration (follow the documentation)
3. Once you create or import debug configuration you should be able to see the Debug Launch Mode