ESP32 Eclipse Install issue

chris007

ESP32 Eclipse Install issue

Postby chris007 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 am

Hello
When I try to install ESP32 IDF to Eclipse using the Espressif IDF Tools Manager in the Help Menu, it start installing (as i see it in the Console) but remain locked at the following line and doesn't move anymore:

Executing C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\python.exe C:\esp-idf\tools\idf_tools.py export --format=key-value
OPENOCD_SCRIPTS=C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20200309\openocd-esp32\share\openocd\scripts
IDF_CCACHE_ENABLE=1
IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH=C:\esp-idf\.espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.7_env
PATH=C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2020r1-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\esp-2020r1-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\esp32s2ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32s2ulp-elf-binutils\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.16.4\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20200309\openocd-esp32\bin;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\ninja\1.10.0\;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\idf-exe\1.0.1\;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\tools\ccache\3.7\;C:\esp-idf\.espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.7_env\Scripts;C:\esp-idf\tools;%PATH%

Environment variables have been setup using the export.bat and are :
User variables:
IDF_PATH => C:\esp-idf
IDF_TOOLS_PATH => C:\esp-idf\.espressif\

System variabes:
%IDF_PATH%\tools

Regards

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: ESP32 Eclipse Install issue

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:29 am

Hello Chris,

Thanks for reporting this.
I've addressed the same concern here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... -609573970

Looking at the console log - the install process is already completed and successful. The output of the command idf_tools.py export --format=key-value is also shown on the console.

In Eclipse, Install process status represented by the Console Terminate button.
red - In process
grey - terminated/completed

However, I would like to take your feedback to represent this in a more intuitive fashion. Probably, by showing the text message in the console after the job completed.

chris007

Postby chris007 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:59 am

Suggestion made in the Github issue section.
I also found out two other bottleneck when using Eclipse:
1./ If the project is named with a space, it would not compile properly
2./ I believe but I am not sure that having a windows system from a country which is not from China but having chinese language used as language of admin on windows may also break the process.

I spend a lot of time installing and desinstalling Eclipse, IDF Tool Manager, ESP-IDF with the tooling chain configurator etc... to find out that some strange caracter where time to time appearing in the console..reminding me that recently on my european windows it set up the chinese language as admin language potentially not with UTF8 ... and I think this broke the compiling process. Now so far Eclipse is running well.

I also believe that may be under Win10 the fact to set up all the files in a USER folder or directly in the C:\ root path may have an influence on autorisation to access to some files...

One confusing point is does the user should use the url adress supplied in the readme or does the Eclipse Market place is fine to setup the plugin.

I hope my feedback helps

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:58 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. We will verify the reported issues.

To update the eclipse, either you can use the update site or eclipse marketplace. Both should work fine and point to the same update site internally.

Best Regards, Kondal