not possible to create a Launch Target in eclipse

robo74

not possible to create a Launch Target in eclipse

Postby robo74 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:35 pm

I try to get my build environment running (windows10 + eclipse + IDF Plugin) and I have problems to create a Launch Target for a project (e.g. blink). This step is described in the video here: https://youtu.be/DqnZy4d03_s

Unfortunately there seem to be a difference in the UI of eclipse between MAC and Windows10. With Windows10 there is no drop down bar so I tried to create a Launch Target by right clicking on the project in the project explorer:
<project name>->New->Other and selecting "Launch Targets->Launch Target" in the dialog.

The dialog which is mentioned in the video opens up and I am able to select the ESP Target and COM Port. But after finishing the dialog it is still not possible to build the project ("No esp launch target found. Please create/select the correct 'Launch Target'").

I am using ESP-IDF 4.2 and the newest Eclipse CDT.

Any Hints?

robo74

Re: not possible to create a Launch Target in eclipse

Postby robo74 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:59 am

There seem to be a problem with eclipse CDT 2020-12 ...

After installing CDT 2020-09 according the ESP-IDF Eclipse Plugin tutorial the drop down boxes appeared and I was able to build and flash my target as described. I reinstalled CDT 2020-12 to see if I made any mistake during the previous install procedure, but the problem stays the same: no dropdown boxes, no lauch target can be created.

ESP_krzychb

Re: not possible to create a Launch Target in eclipse

Postby ESP_krzychb » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:21 am

Hi robo74,

Currently supported Eclipse versions are 2020-06 CDT and 2020-09. The latest Eclipse 2020-12 (4.18) is not yet supported by the plugin. It was released just a couple of days back. We will update this in the documentation.