Possible bugs in extension v1.0.3

orbitcoms

Possible bugs in extension v1.0.3

Postby orbitcoms » Wed May 05, 2021 8:34 am

I am not posting under the issues/bugs forum because I am not whether these are bugs or I am doing something wrong.

The thing is that I only started getting these issue after the v1.0.3 extension update. The previous extension version was no issue.

Latest version of vscode
Windows 10 (64 bit)
esp v4.2
extension 1.0.3
python 3.9

Using the lightning bolt icon to compile/flash/monitor does not copy spiffs folder for copying FLASH IN PROJECT
If I use the lightning bolt for projects that contain files to write into spiffs partition at flssh time, the spiffs fails to mount and then fails to find files. Note: If I use spiffs without flashing to chip (ie. write, read, delete file etc) then that works ok.
If I open esp-idf terminal and type manually "idf.py flash monitor" then the files do get flashed ok and project runs ok.

2. If I attempt to to a full-clean after using the cog icon to launch sdk config gui , I get a lock error relating to "rmdir" (even if I discard and close the config window). If I now exit vscode and re-start then I can do full-clean.

ESP_bignacio

Re: Possible bugs in extension v1.0.3

Postby ESP_bignacio » Fri May 14, 2021 8:14 am

There is a fix with this PR and you can test with the vsix installer here

orbitcoms

Re: Possible bugs in extension v1.0.3

Postby orbitcoms » Sat May 15, 2021 12:00 am

I installed vsx.

Flashed my project to code and it worked.

Then exit vscode and when I re-open vscode, the esp-idf vscode extension is NO LONGER installed.

Have to re-install it again now and will this over-right the pr vsx ?

PS: I re-installed esp-idf vscode extension and it did not need to re-configure the esp-idf, seems using the pr vsx just removed the menu icons and when I reinstalled it, they all reappeared without need to re-install or re-configure esp-idf framework