Is it possible to run eclipse IDE and VScode IDE parallel on same machine

RalphD

Is it possible to run eclipse IDE and VScode IDE parallel on same machine

Postby RalphD » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:52 pm

obviously not on the same project.

I tried already and got the impression they influence each other. Question is in general, should it be possible or not

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: Is it possible to run eclipse IDE and VScode IDE parallel on same machine

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:55 am

Hi RalphD,

Yes, it's possible. They work independently as they don't share any IDE specific project settings and resources. However, they both refer to the same tools as they install in the common folder (/Users/<UserName>/.espressif/...). If you change anything in the tools from one IDE that might impact another one. Otherwise, I don't see any issue.

Let us also give it a try and see what are the challenges will face.

Please do share if you come across any problems.

mbratch

Re: Is it possible to run eclipse IDE and VScode IDE parallel on same machine

Postby mbratch » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:42 pm

I run both independently and side by side sometimes without any conflicts. To be safe, I have them working from two different local repositories. I usually spend my time in just one of them, so these two different local repositories don't diverge much or for very long. I only cross over if the one I'm using is giving me grief and I use the other for a while. It may just as likely work fine from the same local folder, I just haven't tried it. As ESP_kondalkolipaka noted, I don't see a reason it shouldn't. You just want to be mindful to keep track of the IDE config files for both environments.