Building/Flashing no longer changes the displayed terminal/task automatically

moefear85

Building/Flashing no longer changes the displayed terminal/task automatically

Postby moefear85 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:04 pm

In the past, when updating the code then reflashing to the chip, what I see in the bottom pane used to automatically change to whatever is currently happening, meaning it automatically switched to show the compilation output, then it switched automatically to show the flashing progress, then changed automatically to show the monitor output. When rebuilding/flashing, it automatically left the monitor output and showed the compilation and flashing progress.

But since a while ago, it stopped switching automatically. When I rebuild/reflash, I get notifictions in the notification window, but the output continues to show the idf.py monitor output. I find this annoying, as I have to manually keep switching back and forth so I know how far along the compilation/flashing process is.

Is there a way to change this behavior back to automatic, or toggle it somewhere in the settings? I can't seem to find anything relevant there.

Also, I find the notification messages (popups) themselves annoying. Is there any way to disable these from constantly popping up by themselves?