App Edits

colinives

App Edits

Postby colinives » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi again,

I notice the that IOS/Android code is on Github. What licensing issue are there taking this and while-labelling it - add things etc? Clearly this can help us speed up our time to market enormously!

Thank you

dfrenkel

Re: App Edits

Postby dfrenkel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:10 am

I've been wondering the same thing. So far it's been so awesome for my personal use, and I'm wondering the same thing about commerical use. It'd be nice to see some up front pricing.

The only real limitation with testing this out with other users is that I can't upload new firmware to their device. I'd need to have access to everyone's node ID. Is that possible for Espressif to set up for us?

ESP_Piyush

Re: App Edits

Postby ESP_Piyush » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:45 pm

I notice the that IOS/Android code is on Github. What licensing issue are there taking this and while-labelling it - add things etc? Clearly this can help us speed up our time to market enormously!
The phone app source code itself can be used and modified as per your requirements, but if you want to use this for commercial purposes, please get in touch over email at esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com.
I've been wondering the same thing. So far it's been so awesome for my personal use, and I'm wondering the same thing about commerical use. It'd be nice to see some up front pricing.

The only real limitation with testing this out with other users is that I can't upload new firmware to their device. I'd need to have access to everyone's node ID. Is that possible for Espressif to set up for us?
As mentioned above, please send an email to esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com if you are interested in using RainMaker for commercial purposes. For OTA, we do have an option for the use case you mentioned. I will share information about that shortly.