Parameter mapping to enable GVA controlled device.

By_Jinjuriki

Parameter mapping to enable GVA controlled device.

Postby By_Jinjuriki » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:30 am

Hi,

I am presently working on making my device (ESP32) to be controlled over google voice assistant. As mentioned on [b]https://rainmaker.espressif.com/docs ... html [/b] this 3rd party integration with esp-rainmaker documentation regarding GVA integration available only for switch and light_bulb example, I was trying to find how switch/light_bulb parameters are mapped with GVA and I am not able to get my answers by myself. I am working on making my fan device to be controlled over Google voice assistant so I am looking forward for guidance on this particular topic.

Thank you

ESP_Piyush

Re: Parameter mapping to enable GVA controlled device.

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Hello,

The documents have not been updated for some time, but Fan is already supported for both, Alexa and GVA. You can use the default fan example in esp-rainmaker for that.

We will update the documents soon with details of all the device and parameter types supported and their mappings with Alexa/GVA.

By_Jinjuriki

Postby By_Jinjuriki » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:08 am

Hi Piyush,
Thank you for responding quickly, I used the same fan example from esp-rainmaker it's just that I have added few thing on that example as per my application requirement, so when I link Esp-rainmaker with google home there pops up a screen saying "No device found on esp-rainmaker" instead my device is already connected to rainmaker and working fine when controlled via rainmaker app and Alexa. Then I tried switch and light_bulb examples to find out the problem with google voice assistant but those examples worked with GVA, can you guide me that why fan program is not working with GVA, below I have attached the screenshots of GVA screen pop up. I am looking forward for help.

Thanking You
By_jinjuriki
Attachments
IMG_20210924_120023.jpg
Device setup on rainmaker
IMG_20210924_120023.jpg (59.5 KiB) Viewed 16504 times
IMG_20210924_120009.jpg
Message screen of google home
IMG_20210924_120009.jpg (244.99 KiB) Viewed 16504 times

By_Jinjuriki

Postby By_Jinjuriki » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 am

Hi,

I tried the default fan example and it's not supporting GVA. I have sent the error message in my last post, still I didn't get any help. Kindly guide me over that.

Thanking You

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 am

After checking internally , I found out that the fan support wasn't pushed out to production because the fan speed control from GVA was not as straightforward as a range controller for Alexa. We will check how this can be supported and add it asap.