ESP Rainmaker (Assited Claiming not supported for SoftAP Error)

maialbe2823

ESP Rainmaker (Assited Claiming not supported for SoftAP Error)

Postby maialbe2823 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:47 am

Hi, I am trying to add my ESP32 Ethernet Kit board to the ESP Rainmaker App but after entering the pop i get the following error:
Assisted Claiming not supported for SoftAP.
I have try almost everything but I cant get past this error. I am using Arduino ide. However; i get the same error while running esp-idf samples programs.
If anyone has come by this error before and solved it please let me know. Thanks.

ESP_Piyush

Re: ESP Rainmaker (Assited Claiming not supported for SoftAP Error)

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:24 am

Hello,

Assisted Claiming is indeed not supported for SoftAP provisioning, and that is the reason why we have BLE Provisioning as the default for all chips that support it. Any reason why you changed it to SoftAP?

Regards,
Piyush

maialbe2823

Postby maialbe2823 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:40 pm

First, thanks for taking the time to answer me Piyush. The thing is that I changed it to softap for default because the BLE doesnt work for my iOS device(Iphone,Ipad). Thats why. Is there anyway else to make it work?. Thanks once again.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:05 am

Hello,

Can you give some more details about the iOS provisioning issue? With some idf versions, there was an issue that the ESP device used to get saved in the list of known Bluetooth devices, causing failures in subsequent provisioning attempts. Removing it from iOS Settings -> Bluetooth used to solve the problem. Can you check if it's the same for you?

maialbe2823

Postby maialbe2823 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:00 pm

Im using my iOS Iphone device with the ESP Rainmaker App. However, every time I scan the QR code or do it manually I get the following error when doing it BLE:
No bluetooth device found with given prefix.
However; that just happens with iOS devices since my Iphone, Ipad or Mac Pro cannt find the esp board in bluetooth. But my pc can indeed find it. So i think android devices can. So what is the difference here, why android does find it and iOS cann't. I am also using the latest esp-idf library for the arduino IDE. I have even tried the official ide ranimaker samples but they dont work either, they produce the same error. Im stuck cuz i have look every where and i have tried everything but no luck.
Anything that you think I can try let me know please and once again thank you.

ESP_Piyush

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:25 pm

Hello,

We ourselves have never seen such an issue wherein no Apple device could discover the ESP device. Can you tell is what was your esp-idf version?

maialbe2823

Postby maialbe2823 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:03 am

The esp-idf version I am using with Arduino is the 2.0.2 library.