WiFi Prov BLE Arduino Not Working for iOS Devices

maialbe2823

WiFi Prov BLE Arduino Not Working for iOS Devices

Postby maialbe2823 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:18 am

I am trying to provision via ble my esp32 board for the esp rainmaker app however its not popping up in the ble scanner of the rainmaker app or I if I do it via qr code it get the following error: No Bluetooth device found with given prefix. However; as I said this only happens when I try to use any iOS device as in android devices it works indeed. I don't know if its a library bug on arduino ide part or something. Also, whenever I run an example from esp-idf using the terminal it does work for iOS devices. Any idea on how I can get it to work trough Arduino IDE. Is like the iOS device is not able to detect the esp32 through ble. I have tried many things but its just dont work. Has anyone come across this that could guide me please. Thanks.

ESP_Piyush

Re: WiFi Prov BLE Arduino Not Working for iOS Devices

Postby ESP_Piyush » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Even I have faced some issues with BLE provisioning for Arduino + RainMaker, but it was for iOS as well as Android. We haven't yet found the root cause, but will check if it is linked to specific ESP IDF version, because we don't see such issues with the raw RainMaker projects compiled with esp-idf.

maialbe2823

Postby maialbe2823 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:15 am

Yeah, I am out of choices here of why it works perfectly only for Android and not iOS maybe is the esp-idf version but I have tried 2 versions already and I still got the same issue.

baudenbacher

Postby baudenbacher » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:23 pm

I have exactly the same problem. (Compiling RMaker switch on the Arduino Platform) iOS does not find the Bluetooth device and the app throws the error: No bluetooth device found with given prefix. I tried it manually and with a different prefix and no luck. Very desperate to get it running. :)
I found on the forum that it works with the ESP/Eclipse platform. Should I ditch the Ardunio IDE? I hope to use this as an educational tool and the students are familiar with the Ardunio IDE! Need to get this working!