Limitations of free tier?

felixcollins

Limitations of free tier?

Postby felixcollins » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:39 am

Hi, I just found out that the paid tier of RainMaker has a fairly high barrier to entry for a small enterprise.

My next question is: what are the limitations of the free tier?

I understand from a comment in another post that there is some sort of quota limit per user?

Is there a license that precludes selling RainMaker devices without a license?

It would be great if the RainMaker team could put some of this in the FAQ.

The only info on the RainMaker site is pure marketing. "ESP RainMaker is fully based on the AWS serverless architecture. Customers need to pay only when their business starts to grow."

ESP_Piyush

Re: Limitations of free tier?

Postby ESP_Piyush » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:53 am

Hello,

Public RainMaker has a default quota limit of 5, which we can increase based on user requirements. However, we don't generally increase it beyond 100, because the public RainMaker is meant for hobby and evaluation purposes only. The pricing you may have seen is a standard pricing, but it may change based on the product type, development stage, volume, etc. and so, it is best to get in touch with our sales team (sales@espressif.com) to find best suitable options. Additionally, the cost for private RainMaker deployments does not necessarily have to be paid upfront. There can be small pilot runs, complete with your customised phone apps, own Alexa skills/GVA actions, 3rd party integrations, etc. even before you have to actually pay. The sales team will help you with that too.

Regards,
Piyush

rsimpsonbusa

Re: Limitations of free tier?

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi. I dont see in your web what are the prices or plans. Is there a link to it?

Regars