Running a config web server in parallel to Rainmaker

dzungpv

Re: Running a config web server in parallel to Rainmaker

Postby dzungpv » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:41 am

mottibz wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:14 am
Hi Piyush,
I envision something like that:
- ESP32 boots for the first time and provisioning is done using the Rainmaker process
- Following that, the device is up and connected to the home WiFi network, and Rainmaker has 0 controlled devices
- Admin connects to the webserver that is running in parallel to Rainmaker, configures the smart home setup, and reboots the ESP32
- Following reboot, the controlled devices will be registered with Rainmaker and all is set for operation by the users
- In addition to the above, the webserver will continue to be accessible by the admin, in order to monitor internal execution, modify setup, etc.
Best regards,
Motti
Hi mottibz, are you solve the problem? I have the same purpose with RainMaker.

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 am

No, I did not resolve this issue...
Rainmaker is restrictive in the way it was developed.
I hope that Espressif will fix that.

dzungpv

Postby dzungpv » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:48 am

mottibz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 am
No, I did not resolve this issue...
Rainmaker is restrictive in the way it was developed.
I hope that Espressif will fix that.
Yes, they are not fully opensource it, I am planing to use it for some commercial project, but I may change the idea.
Now they use https and mqtts connection to the server so a addtional web-sever may not suitable with the RAM available.
I am thinking of make a custom cloud web api along with mqtt my own to build mobile app.

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:54 am

I am using Rainmaker for now as a personal solution at home.
For another project, I built my own solution, using TCP for local access and MQTT for cloud access.
Before you start building with it for a commercial product, check with them their pricing...

dzungpv

Postby dzungpv » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:56 am

mottibz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:54 am
I am using Rainmaker for now as a personal solution at home.
For another project, I built my own solution, using TCP for local access and MQTT for cloud access.
Before you start building with it for a commercial product, check with them their pricing...
Yes, price about 10k$ for first two year, not include server cost, I am not ask but read some guy here, the price is too high, with that price I can use Tuya, complete solution (include cloud service) with custom label app as well.

dzungpv

Postby dzungpv » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:37 pm

Just an update, I can run web-server with rainmaker. I use esp http server, assign port difference than RM port 80 and 8080, 443 and you are fine. User 8088 port for web server and it working fine.

mottibz

Postby mottibz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:43 pm

That is interesting. Is it possible for you to upload the web server code so that I can use it? I will highly appreciate that. Thanks a lot!