Public to Private Node Migration

JoshNOA

Public to Private Node Migration

Postby JoshNOA » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:18 pm

Hi All, Me Again,

I wanted to see if its at all possible to migrate the nodes associated with my account on the public instance, to my future account on the private instance?

I have sent out a few validation devices to beta users, and would ideally be able to migrate them onto the private instance without reclaiming their devices, as this would be a bit of a logistical nightmare.

What can/ can't be done about this? I did not save the certification files of the nodes when i claimed them (which was likely a huge mistake), but im hoping we can still get this over the line somehow?

Best wishes,

JC

ESP_Piyush

Re: Public to Private Node Migration

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:26 pm

If your firmware has self claiming or assisted claiming which was used directly by your beta users, then it would be a quite hard. However, if you have yourselves claimed the nodes using host claiming, atleast you would have the admin access. Having a copy of public certificates would have been very convenient, but seems that this may not be the case. However, note that the certificates claimed using host claiming are stored in ~/.espressif/rainmaker/claim_data. So if you have not deleted this folder, these may still be there. If not, send us an email on esp-rainmaker-admin@espressif.com with a list of your node_ids. We will validate these and get their corresponding public certificates, which can then be registered into your deployment.

JoshNOA

Re: Public to Private Node Migration

Postby JoshNOA » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I did indeed claim these nodes myself, and will get a list of NodeIDs in need of migration to the given email in due course.

A note about the .espressif claiming data location, is there any way to modify this? I work entirely in devcontainers, so in many cases my claim data has been wiped out due to restarting / stopping my container.

Would be great if i could give claiming an arg to drop the data into? I apologise in advance if this already exists!

Regards,

JC