ESP-BOX-3 rebuilding Factory Demo

BoboBel

ESP-BOX-3 rebuilding Factory Demo

Postby BoboBel » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:41 pm

1. For my ESP Box 3 I tried to reconstruct the factory demo. LaunchPad is not working and the firmware for Box-3 (...bin) ist still not available. Please provide it for easy use and reset to delivry status.
  3. I am working with Win 10 and standard ESP-IDF 5.1.1. Using that IDF seems to be more reliable that VSCode-IDF.
  4. I did not dare to flash_read all flash in order to save its initial state because I read, that flshing back the boot area is only for people how know what they are doing - not for me!
  5. The advice is to rebuild the demo from source  "esp-box-master". OK, should be no problem. I set-target esp32s3,  struggled with menuconfig, but for me everything looked fine. Then idf.py build ... ERROR.. I am not shure, if any log or any longer dump will help, this is what happened:
  6. --------------------
  7. [code]
  8. In file included from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/soc/include/soc/lldesc.h:10,
  9.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/port/include/aes/esp_aes_gcm.h:15,
  10.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/port/include/gcm_alt.h:22,
  11.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/mbedtls/gcm.h:76,
  12.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/psa/crypto_struct.h:74,
  13.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/psa/crypto.h:4690,
  14.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/mbedtls/legacy_or_psa.h:104,
  15.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/mbedtls/x509_crt.h:27,
  16.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/include/mbedtls/ssl.h:35,
  17.                  from C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/mbedtls/mbedtls/library/ssl_ciphersuites.c:29:
  18. C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components/esp_rom/include/esp_rom_lldesc.h:10:10: fatal error: openthread/openthread/third_party/tcplp/bsdtcp/sys/queue.h: No such file or directory
  19.    10 | #include "openthread/openthread/third_party/tcplp/bsdtcp/sys/queue.h"
  20.       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  21. compilation terminated.
  22. [/code]
  23. -------------------
  24. I checked that path below "C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1.1/components",[b] queue.h it is there[/b]!!!
  25. Maybe path is too long?
  26. When I worked with the esp32 example "lv_port_esp32" I had problems with queue.h as well. The compiler was looking for strange pathnames for other occurences of "queue", but finally (hours later) I could fit that problem.
  27. Soplease help and please provide better and more documentation and examples for Box-3. I do think it is a good product and it could make pleasure to work with it.

Lvhaiyu

Re: ESP-BOX-3 rebuilding Factory Demo

Postby Lvhaiyu » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:13 am

Hello, we highly value your question. After the successful compilation, were you able to burn it successfully? You can also try burning it again with the launchpad to see if it succeeds. Additionally, what specific documentation and examples do you need to assist you?

BoboBel

Postby BoboBel » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Hello KI "Lvhaiyu" - or "Hi you"?
Did you really read my topic? Maybe, but because you are a computer, you did not understand nothing.
I clearly stated, that that example did not (!) build.
Your suggestion with Launchpad is pure irony. I stated, that i does not work for me as well (firefox and not *.bin available for flashing).
Examples and documentation special for Box-3 are insufficiently "thin", only mixed up with Box-Lite and "box" itself.
Please forward this to a human being!

ESP_Rachel

Postby ESP_Rachel » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:31 am

The ESP LaunchPad for ESP-BOX project is not supported on Safari & Firefox browsers yet! Please try using another browser like Google Chrome.
Please follow the instruction to upload build-in factory firmware of ESP32-S3-BOX-3. The latest version is ‘ESP-BOX-3_Demo_V1_2_3’.
ESP-LaunchPad: https://espressif.github.io/esp-launchp ... aunch.toml
LaunchPad Guide.png
LaunchPad Guide.png (107.89 KiB) Viewed 20005 times

Lvhaiyu

Postby Lvhaiyu » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:31 am

Regarding the issue with "queue.h," I'm not very familiar with the "lv_port_esp32" example. There is no such example under ESP-BOX, but I have tested the "factory_demo" with the same version of IDF, and there were no issues during the test. Therefore, we recommend using the command git submodule update --init --recursive on IDF to ensure the initialization and update of IDF submodules, and then conduct the test again. If the problem persists, please provide more information, and we will assist you in resolving the issue.

BoboBel

Postby BoboBel » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:08 pm

Dear Lvhaiyu ,
I have to apologize: Now I think you are a human being. Please excuse me, your post was so far away from my writing that I thought different before.
I have finally solved the problems: great part of it where incomplete compiler include pathes and the wastly spread of subroutines all over different locations, where VSCode could not collect them.
The partition table was wrong and someone told me that this is an irregular error without any explanation.
Best regards :roll: