ESP32-S3 How to *actually* use microSD card

mturnbull

ESP32-S3 How to *actually* use microSD card

Postby mturnbull » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:17 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a project that involves reading from and writing to a microSD card. I've looked into the documentation and example code, and it appears that the function

Code: Select all

esp_vfs_fat_sdspi_mount(...)
function (or the sdmmc equivalent). However, all of those points say quite clearly that this function is an all-in-one for example purposes only, does not implement error checking, and should not be used in production.

So, my question is, what should I be doing in production? I tried reading through the sourcecode of those functions, but got lost quickly in a chain of various other functions that would need to be reimplemented. I've been able to use the all-in-one function successfully, so I know the card is wired up and I've assigned pins properly; but I haven't been able to compile any of my various attempts to replace the all-in-one example function with something that implements error checking.

Are there any examples of production-level code that demonstrates the entire process of mounting a microSD card? I haven't been able to find anything online other than the sdmmc and sdspi examples on GitHub, which both use their corresponding AIO example functions.

Thanks!