sd_card examples do not build with IDF ver 3

catotonic

sd_card examples do not build with IDF ver 3

Postby catotonic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Has anybody built the sd

catotonic

Re: sd_card examples do not build with IDF ver 3

Postby catotonic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Sorry, I did not mean to submit the last.
I am developing a fairly large project in Eclipse and I am now ready to add micro SD memory capability. I finally gave up on trying to use the example sd_code in Eclipse and fell back to using the msys32 tool.
I tried running msys32 in the directory of both ..storage/sd_card and ..storage/wear_levelling.
I tried running make menuconfig and looked for any special setting that would keep it from compiling but could not find any.
I exited menuconfig and tried running "make flash" but both examples fail on the file esp_vfs_fat.h, with the error "no such file...
Am I supposed to modify something in the libraries?
Is there a setting in menuconfig that I am missing?
Should I be changing something when I upgrade IDF versions so that the examples still work?
Should I not use esp_vfs_fat.h?
Does the SD Card libraries not work anymore?
I am far from an expert and I am heavily dependant on examples to keep developing.
If there are other resources out there or professional services that can modify the libraries how do I find them?

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am

Just tried and it built with no errors

catotonic

Postby catotonic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:53 pm

@wifi
Thanks, I am building and running project with both Eclipse and mysys32 with no problems so I have no idea what I need to change but at least I know it is something on my end.
I guess I'll just keep banging my head against my code until one of the other gives.

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Can you please run "make V=1" and post the error output and the gcc command line before it?

catotonic

Postby catotonic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm

@ESP_Angus,
Thank you for helping.
Forgive my ignorance, I am not sure of what you mean by gcc command. There was a huge block of output and the only delineations were make[1] and -I, but the last couple of lines looked pretty dull so I went all the way back to the last make[1].
Also I have been blindly try different things, but I think I put everything back.

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/examples/storage/sd_card/build/main'
xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc -std=gnu99 -Og -ggdb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -mlongcalls -nostdlib -Wall -Werror=all -Wno-error=unused-function -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-old-style-declaration -DWITH_POSIX -DMBEDTLS_CONFIG_FILE='"mbedtls/esp_config.h"' -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DESP_PLATFORM -D IDF_VER=\"\" -MMD -MP -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/examples/storage/sd_card/main/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/app_trace/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/app_update/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/bootloader_support/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/bt/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/coap/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/coap/port/include/coap -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/coap/libcoap/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/coap/libcoap/include/coap -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/cxx/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/driver/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/esp32/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/ethernet/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/expat/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/expat/include/expat -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/freertos/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/jsmn/include/ -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/json/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/json/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/libsodium/libsodium/src/libsodium/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/libsodium/port_include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/log/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/lwip/include/lwip -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/lwip/include/lwip/port -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/lwip/include/lwip/posix -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/lwip/apps/ping -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/mbedtls/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/mbedtls/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/mdns/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/micro-ecc/micro-ecc -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/mysodium/libsodium/src/libsodium/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/mysodium/port_include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/newlib/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/newlib/platform_include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/nghttp/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/nghttp/nghttp2/lib/includes -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/nvs_flash/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/openssl/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/sdmmc/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/soc/esp32/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/spi_flash/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/tcpip_adapter/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/ulp/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/vfs/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/wear_levelling/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/wpa_supplicant/port/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/components/xtensa-debug-module/include -I /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/examples/storage/sd_card/build/include -I. -c /home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/examples/storage/sd_card/main/./sd_card_example_main.c -o sd_card_example_main.o

C:/msys32/home/johnk/sd_card/main/sd_card_example_main.c:15:25: fatal error: esp_vfs_fat.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/home/johnk/esp/esp-idf/make/component_wrapper.mk:211: sd_card_example_main.o] Error 1