Need help to get previously connected wifi router lists from ESP32 Device

Ritesh

Need help to get previously connected wifi router lists from ESP32 Device

Postby Ritesh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 am

Hi Espressif System Developers,

We are working on ESP32 IDF 2.1 SDK and we need help to store previously connected WiFi Router configurations into ESP32 Device itself.

We have checked that using ESP32 Flash Storage option, We can store only last configured router configuration which is working fine and ESP32 Device is able to get that configuration on next power cycle or reboot.

But, We need support like to store at-least 5 Router configurations which are successfully connected with ESP32 Device working as STA mode. I think that type of support has been provided into ESP8266 WiFi APIs in which we were able to store at-least 5 Router configurations into Device itself but didn't find for ESP32 Device.

So, Does anyone has any idea like ESP32 IDF provides that type of support or not? Otherwise we can do it using key-pair value to store into blob data partition.

Let me know if need any more informations from my side regarding this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Re: Need help to get previously connected wifi router lists from ESP32 Device

Postby Ritesh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi Espressif Developer and Kolban,

Do you have any update regarding this feature?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:04 am

Hi,

Does anyone has any update regarding this feature or anyone has implemented this type feature before?

Please let me know or provide reference example for that if any.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

vonnieda

Postby vonnieda » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

There is nothing built in to IDF to do this, as far as I know. I implemented it myself using NVS. You have two options for connecting:

1. Run a site scan and see if any of the returned SSIDs match those in your list, and if so, connect.
2. Loop through the stored list and repeatedly try to connect to each one.

Jason

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:17 am

vonnieda wrote:There is nothing built in to IDF to do this, as far as I know. I implemented it myself using NVS. You have two options for connecting:

1. Run a site scan and see if any of the returned SSIDs match those in your list, and if so, connect.
2. Loop through the stored list and repeatedly try to connect to each one.

Jason
Hi,

Thanks for Reply.

Yes. I have also planned to make it using Linked List and NVS Storage as well. It will be good if you share you example for reference purpose.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati