Impending changes to silicon?

onehorse

Impending changes to silicon?

Postby onehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:05 am

I have heard, or maybe just gottent the impression from forum posts, that there is an impending change to the ESP32 due for the first part of next year. I have about 100 ESP32 that I bought last month and they work just fine for me so far with the Arduino IDE such as it is.

I am wondering if I should go ahead and have 100 of the ESP32 development boards I designed manufactured now with the current ESP32 silicon or wait for the next revision before making the first production batch.

Any more details on the silicon revision and maybe some advice on whether I should wait on production for a few months?

WiFive

Re: Impending changes to silicon?

Postby WiFive » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:44 am

Make them. The new revision will not require you to change your boards. If you are not worried about any issues described in the ECO then you will be fine.

But don't post this in the news forum.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:22 am

Agreed; moved to the general discussion forum. You can find the bugs we discovered in the current gen of ESP32s here: http://espressif.com/sites/default/file ... p32_en.pdf . They're pretty minor in general, and as long as you can live with them you shouldn't notice a change between this rev and the next one.

onehorse

Postby onehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks for the reply and sorry about posting in the news forum. I meant to post in the general and couldn't change after posting.