esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab() with multiple Services

richardl

esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab() with multiple Services

Postby richardl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm

I am trying to set up a GATT server which has multiple service.

I did this by adding my services to the end of the current esp_gatts_attr_db_t. However when trying to pass them to the API I get:

E (620) BT_BTC: Each service table can only created one primary service or secondly service.
E (630) GATTS_TABLE_DEMO: create attribute table failed, error code=0x85

Do I need to call the routine with each service in its own esp_gatts_attr_db_t[]?

if so what do I set SVC_INST_ID to for the 2nd etc service please?

Any examples of how to use multiple services with esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab() would be very helpful.

Regards

Richard

chegewara

Re: esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab() with multiple Services

Postby chegewara » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:08 am

It would help if you paste your code with services table. Also there is nice topic on forum explaining how to create services and characteristics with attr table example.

richardl

Postby richardl » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am

Many thanks, the only links I could find were creating a single service, which was not my issue, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I solved this by making a separate per service table and then called esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab() & esp_ble_gatts_start_service() for each.

Regards

Richard

frazan-un

Postby frazan-un » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to make a profile with 2 services with the same UUID (same service table) using the attribute tables.
The function that create that (esp_ble_gatts_create_attr_tab()) is ok because there is an argument srvc_inst_id, and so I can call it 2 times with different service instances. My problem is that in the event generated (ESP_GATTS_CREAT_ATTR_TAB_EVT) I can't find a reference to the service instance in order to save the handles in different places: gatts_add_attr_tab_evt_param contains only a esp_bt_uuid_t not a esp_gatt_srvc_id_t like the gatts_create_evt_param (ESP_GATTS_CREATE_EVT) where instance ID can be found.
Is there a way to resolve this or can't be done using attr tables?
Thanks!