Where are ESP engineer?.............................?.........................?

gpezzella

Where are ESP engineer?.............................?.........................?

Postby gpezzella » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Where are ESP engineer?……………………………………………………………??

ESP_Sprite

Re: Where are ESP engineer?.............................?.........................?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Most are in Shanghai, some are in other places in China, some are in India and some are in Czech. Why do you ask?

gpezzella

Re: Where are ESP engineer?.............................?.........................?

Postby gpezzella » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 am

Because no one have replyed my previous post https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13809

Where is intended as they are "disappeared"

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this forum. Its main intent is for ESP32 users to help eachother; engineers can chime in if they aren't otherwise occupied; first and foremost, this is not a helpdesk. You already got a response in the other topic; suggest you follow that. In general, if you're a commercial customer, either directly contact your contact at Espressif, or mail sales@espressif.com, if you have questions that need answering on a timeline.

pogmem

Postby pogmem » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi!

ESP is not as popular as for e.g. ATmega, Arduino or STM's. In Poland, students are eager to use ESP, but it's support and example projects on GitHub in English language are still not good compared with STM32.

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi pogmem.
In Poland students can count on my support, at least i will try to help as much as i can.

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:29 am

pogmem wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm
In Poland, students are eager to use ESP, but it's support and example projects on GitHub in English language are still not good compared with STM32.
Hi pogmem,
What do you think are the key items to improve support and example projects on GitHub?
No doubt Espressif is anxious to hear the feedback and improve :D

pogmem

Postby pogmem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:19 pm

ESP_krzychb wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:29 am
pogmem wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm
In Poland, students are eager to use ESP, but it's support and example projects on GitHub in English language are still not good compared with STM32.
Hi pogmem,
What do you think are the key items to improve support and example projects on GitHub?
No doubt Espressif is anxious to hear the feedback and improve :D
By support I mostly meant documenatation. By some referece I use C documentation, which for me is one of the best documentations made ever. Some times I find functions in framework that are not explained but quickly commented in esp-idf documentation.
In example project I mostly see that these are made for specific hardware, not universal (not in all cases). Of course after code analysis you can figure it out, but a little bit more unversal explanation can fasten up work.
It is of course my point of view (I'm not the most ambitious and hard-working student), but I've spoken to some of my friends also working on ESP, and opinions were similar.
Hardware manufacturers often provide libs for STM or Arduino, but not for ESP. I'm aware that it is not strict ESP team kind of thing, but there are some ways to improve that.