AWS IoT examples NO Amazon FreeRTOS?

phantomBlurrr

AWS IoT examples NO Amazon FreeRTOS?

Postby phantomBlurrr » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Trying to figure out how to send data to AWS IoT Core. On their website all they have is the Amazon FreeRTOS guide, there's nothing on how to do it using just esp-idf. Anyone have any idea how to do this or links to resources?
I started by setting up wifi on my ESP and also setting up the AWS IoT Core. It is so odd, I haven't done anything in terms of code (not even flashed any certificates) and the IoT Core says there's a successful connection whenever my ESP connects to the WiFi, so yeah, I'm thoroughly confused right now. How is it connecting if I haven't done anything!
Thanks for your time, I appreciate any help..

dipen@1337lab.io

Re: AWS IoT examples NO Amazon FreeRTOS?

Postby dipen@1337lab.io » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:15 am

Namaste phantomBlurrr and Forum Members,

Since this post is over-a-year old now, I am dropping this message to check if anyone has managed to integrate AWS IoT and the Amazon FreeRTOS using the ESP32 Dev Kit C board -- something which I'm exploring currently.

Questions
  • What is the Getting Started point, for using Amazon FreeRTOS with ESP32 Dev Kit C board?
  • Is the above possible using Arduino IDE?
  • What is the recommended IDE for development?
Thanks | Regards,
Dipen

ESP_Mahavir

Postby ESP_Mahavir » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:54 am

Please find instructions for getting started guide for Amazon FreeRTOS on ESP32 at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/freertos/la ... essif.html

dipen@1337lab.io

Postby dipen@1337lab.io » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Namaste ESP_Mahavir,

Thank you for your reply.

Please refer my post in another thread below, for the error that I'm encountering.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12481#p58837

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks | Regards,
Dipen

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm

dipen@1337lab.io wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:15 am
Namaste phantomBlurrr and Forum Members,

Since this post is over-a-year old now, I am dropping this message to check if anyone has managed to integrate AWS IoT and the Amazon FreeRTOS using the ESP32 Dev Kit C board -- something which I'm exploring currently.

Questions
  • What is the Getting Started point, for using Amazon FreeRTOS with ESP32 Dev Kit C board?
  • Is the above possible using Arduino IDE?
  • What is the recommended IDE for development?
Thanks | Regards,
Dipen
You can also start with this repository. Its using AFR as component with esp-idf:
https://github.com/tgsong/amazon-freertos-examples

Here is nice topic you can find all answers if you have problem to start with it :
https://github.com/aws/amazon-freertos/issues/832

No, you cant use Amazon FreeRTOS with arduino, but you could use AWSIoT component with arduino.

Recommended IDE:
there is at least few topics on forum about IDEs and it all depends on your preference. I like to use VS code, some prefer eclipse and few use notepad(not really IDE).

dipen@1337lab.io

Postby dipen@1337lab.io » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Namaste chegewara,

Thank you for your reply. Will explore the links shared by you.

Overall, it surely looks that the Amazon FreeRTOS and Espressif integration is work-in-progress towards streamlining it as a simple and straightforward installation steps!

All's well as long as both the teams are working together to achieve this goal. :)

Thanks | Regards,
Dipen
Last edited by dipen@1337lab.io on Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:12 pm

As far as i know there is good coop between amazon and espressif.

survivingwithandroid

Postby survivingwithandroid » Fri May 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi,

I've made a tutorial describing step by step how to connect the ESP32 to Amazon AWS IoT. You can check this link
https://www.survivingwithandroid.com/ho ... -aws-mqtt/
Let me know if it helped you.

idahowalker

Postby idahowalker » Fri May 15, 2020 11:04 pm

I had a ESP32 publishing MQTT (IoT) to AWS.

In IoT build the device, set its type and security. Save your certificates. In the Arduino IDE, I made a certs.h, I used PubSub to send. Connected well. My issue was in wanting to send data from the AWS IoT to the dB on my web site.

I got a RPi, loaded it with MQTT Broker. A bit of Python on the RPi to extract data from the Broker and send it to the dB; was connectining to my website dB in less then 2 hours.