Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

chegewara
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby chegewara » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 pm

ESP_Angus wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 am

The bug linked on GitHub was an issue introduced in ESP-IDF v4.1 development (regression when we added support for ESP32-S2 Beta), so it shouldn't be a bug in v3.x at all.
I cant agree:

Code: Select all

I (497) cpu_start: Application information:
I (502) cpu_start: Project name:     
I (508) cpu_start: App version:      1.0.0
I (513) cpu_start: Compile time:     May 25 2020 14:27:59
I (519) cpu_start: ELF file SHA256:  0000000000000000...
I (525) cpu_start: ESP-IDF:          3.30300.190916
I (530) cpu_start: Starting app cpu, entry point is 0x40081c3c
Of course it may be platformio problem.

ESP_Alvin
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby ESP_Alvin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am

Hi dmaxben,

Thanks for reporting, the fix on master is available on https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/co ... 7f735b9fef

Alvin

dmaxben
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby dmaxben » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 pm

ESP_Alvin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am
Hi dmaxben,

Thanks for reporting, the fix on master is available on https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/co ... 7f735b9fef

Alvin
Hi Alvin-

Thank you for looking into this.

Does this fix work on IDF-3.3?

ESP_Angus
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:55 am

Hi dmaxben,

At the moment we've only merged this to the master branch. Will see about backporting to v3.3, sorry I didn't get back to you about this earlier.

Angus

ESP_Angus
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:57 am

chegewara wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 pm
ESP_Angus wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 am

The bug linked on GitHub was an issue introduced in ESP-IDF v4.1 development (regression when we added support for ESP32-S2 Beta), so it shouldn't be a bug in v3.x at all.
I cant agree:

Code: Select all

(snip)
Of course it may be platformio problem.
I can't reproduce this on ESP-IDF v3.3.2. The ESP-IDF version number printed by platform.io also doesn't look like an ESP-IDF version number, so my guess is that this is something that platform.io is doing.

Code: Select all

I (197) cpu_start: Project name:     hello-world
I (202) cpu_start: App version:      v3.3.2
I (207) cpu_start: Compile time:     Aug  4 2020 10:55:35
I (213) cpu_start: ELF file SHA256:  a42fae99b14934f6...
I (219) cpu_start: ESP-IDF:          v3.3.2

dmaxben
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: Get SHA256 of SPIFFS partition?

Postby dmaxben » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm

ESP_Angus wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:55 am
Hi dmaxben,

At the moment we've only merged this to the master branch. Will see about backporting to v3.3, sorry I didn't get back to you about this earlier.

Angus
Any update on back-porting this fix to IDF-3.3?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests